Are you highly-organized with an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you have a healthcare agency background and are looking for a change? Medicine X is currently looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a strong sales background to join our growing team in California.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 -2 years of experience at an Account Director level above or below the line in a Healthcare agency or Patient agency environment. You should have experience leading new business pitch presentations and can instantly build rapport with clients.
You should have established relationships with pharmaceutical clients at a senior level across marketing and medical, and be able to re-engage these contacts after starting this role. The ability to bring across established relationships to the company is highly desirable. You also love to get out of the office and build new and long-term client relationships
You should have experience across a broad range of therapeutic areas, be able to identify new business opportunities, develop strategic patient initiatives with a good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry's medical and legal requirements.
Do you need a change from agency life but your love for great creative ideas, improving patient care and outcomes are why you are in this business?
- Identify and drive new business opportunities, either from existing customers in new divisions or geographies, or from brand new prospects who currently have no commercial relationship with Medicine X.
- Strategically position and pitch the Medicine X offerings in business meetings.
- Contribute to meeting weekly and toward monthly targets for business development activities, including prospecting via phone and e-mail.
- Help to identifying and executing a strategic approach to a defined territory, prioritizing the organizations and contacts to be engaged.
- Keep up to date with the latest drug approvals and drug pipelines.
- Acquire knowledge of the business issues affecting targeted industry sectors and/or specific prospects and ensure this knowledge underpins communications with prospects.
- Express clearly the value proposition of the Medicine X product range and use this knowledge to ensure that communications address clear business needs that resonate with the prospect.
- Write clear, compelling, and accurate proposals that resonate strongly with prospects, to increase the chance of closing business.
- Manage and forecast and pipeline processes and accurately portray the number of sales opportunities, including the percentage that will close, the timeframe, and the potential revenue.
- Assist in growing endorsements with charities and professional bodies
- Aspire to build a global brand whilst keeping the social ethos of the company in mind.
Travel: You will be based out of our Malibu office; however travel will be required.
Experience you'll need to get through our door:
Along with a goal-oriented mindset and an approachable demeanor, the right candidate has:
- Experience working for a healthcare agency on Pharma brands in a similar role is a must.
- Great people skills - you will be the touchpoint between Medicine X and our clients.
Bonus points to candidates who are/have:
- Digital marketing experience.
- Degree in business/marketing/science.
- Effective direct communication skills
- Commitment to keeping clients and partners happy for the long term.
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently with the team and organization.
- Confident, with a diligent work attitude and gregarious personality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work.
- Able to read between the lines with clients and partners.
What's in it for you:
- Join a fast-growing company with huge career growth opportunities
- Fun, respectful, innovative, high-performance company culture
- Start every weekend early with 3 pm finishes on Fridays
- Paid vacation time
- Healthcare Benefits
- A strong focus on professional development
- Global exposure and support
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you are interested in this, simply apply with your Resumé ~ APPLY NOW!